- Class specific dodge skills. they all have different styles, it's cool
- Mobs respawn super fast. there were tons of people but i never had to wait for kills
- Combat is quick paced and lets you fight lots of enemies at once
- Your character can be a big fat kitty cat
- Looting took a step back. While others are adding automatic AoE looting, Tera makes you loot each item that drops separately.
- Healing/Support orbs require button pressing interaction. People won't use them much in crazy combat.
- Quests are old school and haven't been improved in anyway. I read two quest texts and then stopped.
- Climbing is slow and they make you climb really high.
- Selling items to vendors is a pain. The right click to sell that every other game uses works. Just use it.
I want to make a final comment on quests. At this point in the MMO "game", it may be a deal breaker for me. Quests are overdone and lazy. I feel really bad for all the writers who spent their time developing the text for these things because very few people are actually going to read them. A long time ago you had to read them because there were no map markers or waypoints or direction arrows. So while you read you got story and instructions to finish the quest. But now, you tooltip over the rewards, accept and follow the map.
It's one of the down sides of a great map system, but it's an overall improvement, so developers need to come up with new ways to push players into the fray.